Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Amnio Never Lies

I called the nurse practitioners back on Tuesday morning. I had to leave a message and wait for them to call me back, but I was determined to get my amnio results. Luckily, I didn't have to wait long for them to return my call.

It was such a relief when the nurse informed me that the amnio results were in and everything came back normal. Whew! I couldn't believe I had let myself imagine the worst just the night before. She told me that it was routine to have a genetic counselor meet with anyone who was pregnant with a child with congenital abnormalities. She said that the counselor would discuss the potential of this situation repeating itself in my life or the life of a family member, however, from what the MFM doctors knew, they felt this was a fluke and was not related to genetics.

I had to call Andy immediately to tell him that we didn't have to worry about Caleb's condition being passed on again to another child. It was wonderful news because I knew I wasn't done having children; my heart was too big to not share it with more sons and daughters.

Once again, peace overcame me and joy filled my heart. I knew my son would live to be held in my arms! I knew that I would take him home from the hospital and we would live our lives with the joy of having him with us. I didn't expect him to be healed by another miracle, but I knew that it wasn't out of the question. I was okay with whatever God would choose to do with our lives. I was determined not to let go of my trust again.

No comments:

Post a Comment