Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Last night, we came home with Caleb. I cannot even begin to express the relief I feel; being able to sit and nurse him in the privacy of my own home. He isn't hooked up to monitors, there aren't any nurses peeking over my shoulder, it is quiet. He kept me up all night and I didn't care. Andy will be home with us for the rest of the week and I know we will enjoy this time together as a family.

Caleb is nursing eagerly! It is so hard for me to look at him and know that his brain just isn't right. He looks so beautifully perfect! He seems like a healthy baby and shows no signs of defect. Upon his hospital discharge, the nurses warned me that it is only a matter of time before he starts having seizures. They said it could be days or weeks or months or years, but it will inevitably happen. I know that this is probably the case, but look at how wonderfully God has blessed us this far? I know in my heart that all things are possible and that Caleb may never have the symptoms we expect.

At the same time, I know that I have to keep a watchful eye and I know that I have to take it one day at a time. I know that Caleb may still have these medical issues, but I am not going to bank my money on it! Like I said, what I have already witnessed gives me the hope I need to raise this child up and allow God to work miracles through him.

I will be forever grateful for all those who have prayed and believed in God's mercy. So many people have carried us through this ordeal and given us the strength through prayer to live another day with a smile on our faces. And now, here we are, holding a tiny miracle in our hands. He is proof that nothing is impossible with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment