Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Miracle

My son, Caleb John Paul Moreno, was born last night at 10:40 PM. He was 7lbs, 6oz and 19 3/4 inches long. Caleb was born "pink and screaming" as they say, and he looked like a completely "normal and healthy" newborn.

I was astonished as I took my first glimpse of him; immediately after he came out. He looked amazing! Even the doctor who delivered him said that he thought Caleb looked great. Even though I was told before that I wouldn't be allowed, I asked if I could hold him. To my amazement, the nurses from the NICU responded with "Sure! Why not?" They wrapped him up and handed him over to me.

Upon receiving this tiny, beautiful boy, wrapped in a blanket with a little pink face peeking out, I broke into sobs of joy and relief. I could not believe that my angel was finally there in my arms; just moments after he was born. He looked perfect physically and had no seizures immediately as we had anticipated. His Apgar score was an 8 and then, a little while later a 9; which is excellent. I was blown away at how well it all turned out.

Now, here we are the next morning, and the NICU nurses that were with him all night said he had exhibited no signs of abnormality whatsoever. They said if they hadn't been told about his brain, they would have no idea why he was in the NICU.

God is amazing! Let me just say that I have never in my life seen a miracle like this. I know that miracles really do happen, but who am I that He would bestow such a wonder on me? Who am I that God would have mercy on my son? He is truly answering our prayers and I can't deny that.

No comments:

Post a Comment