Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Waiting for Nothing

Caleb is exactly 3 weeks old today. We have been to 2 visits with the pediatrician since we left the hospital. Caleb has gained 1and a 1/2 pounds since his discharge and his head circumference is completely average.

The pediatrician said that if I hadn't told him anything about Caleb's brain, he would have been none the wiser. He sees no difference between him and any other normal, healthy child. His reflexes are perfect, he moves all limbs. His eyes and ears look great; his heart and breathing sound normal. He continues to eat every 2 to 3 hours and he is sleeping well. He is starting to hold up his head by himself! He is very strong!

Caleb stays awake and alert for longer periods of time, during which he likes to look at people's faces with curiosity. He is so beautiful I want to cry.

We will be going to the pediatrician again next week as well as the hematologist for his lab results. In a few weeks he will see the pediatric neurologist. Things are going so well and there is such a peace in my heart. I love my son more than I ever knew I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment