Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ultrasound Number....Who's Counting?

I had another follow-up ultrasound today. I also had my very first prenatal visit with the staff at Rush. I am 30-weeks pregnant and it is nice to be able to say that I am 3/4 of the way there! My appointments will be every 2 weeks now instead of every 4 and all of them will be at the clinic at Rush. I just can't wait to drive that far every other week (not!)

So I was very happy to hear that my weight gain slowed and I am back to gaining only 1lb a week. I am attributing that to my self-discipline in the "cravings" department...way to go Heather!!! My blood pressure was up a little, but nothing to be concerned about. Other than that, Caleb kicked the doppler again while they were listening to his heartbeat. I am thoroughly convinced that he hates being messed with in any way.

The ultrasound was short and to-the-point. I was told that Caleb now weighs a little over 3lbs, which is at the 47th percentile for gestational growth. It looks like maybe I will get a chance to deliver an average-size baby after all. As far as his brain is concerned, everything appeared to be the same as before. The doctor did note that his ventricles were a little enlarged, but I believe that one of them was enlarged when we had the MRI two months ago.

One other thing that made me a little uneasy was the fact that the doctor said his head size is about a week ahead of his body. If his head continues to grow faster than his body, I will most likely end up with a Cesarean...which I really would rather avoid. So I would appreciate the continued prayers that Caleb will grow well and his proportions will be normal.

I am totally feeling like things are good at this point. I am thankful that the situation doesn't seem to be getting drastically worse and I have an overwhelming sense of calmness. It must be all the blessings that are being bestowed on Andy and I since everyone has been praying for us. We are growing more and more excited to meet our little angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment