Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Prayers Across America

Yesterday I made a very important phone call. I called into Relevant Radio, which is a Catholic radio station that reaches 30 million people across America as well as around the world through their stream from their website. I called during the noon-hour, when their show called "Go Ask Your Father" was airing.

The host of this program is Father "Rocky" Hoffman, and Andy and I recently met him at a talk he gave in our church. Father Rocky listened to our story about Caleb and he told me specifically to call him on-air on Tuesday 5/4/10.

When I called, he let me talk a little about Caleb and his condition. It was fantastic to be able to put in a prayer request to all the listeners because I know that many of them will be praying for Caleb just as I asked. What a blessing to be able to reach that many more people and receive their prayers for Caleb! My heart is singing!

Father Rocky informed me that Caleb's due date, August 5th, is the feast of Our Lady of the Snows. He told me the story of the devotion to Our Lady of the Snows and he said that we should specifically ask her intercession for Caleb since his due date falls on her Feast Day. So I have begun to ask her to pray for Caleb as well. For those of you who don't know about this devotion, I urge you to search for it on the internet...it is an amazing story.

Caleb's army is most definitely growing and I have faith that God will hear our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment