Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rest-Assured...I'm in the Clear!

After 18 grueling, foodless hours, I completed my 3-hour Glucose Test. I don't know why they call it 3 hours, because it's actually 4! Little did I know, I had to have my blood drawn when I arrived at 9:30am, and then I had to wait for the lab to give them the "go-ahead" for the test. So I had to wait to drink the glucose solution until 10am and then they took my blood every hour at 11am, 12pm and 1pm until I was done. Boy was that rough!

Thankfully, everything turned out okay and I am not considered gestational diabetic. My blood sugar was slightly over on one of the draws, but you have to be over on at least 2 of them to be officially diabetic. Needless to say, I will be attempting to eat better and exercise more now.

I am so glad that this turned out well because I am SO NOT ready to deliver an 11 pounder! Lord have mercy on me! Let's just keep praying that Caleb will continue to grow at an average rate and end up being a nice 8 or 9lbs. That, I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment